Tuesday 17 November 2009

More Snowmen Cards for Kevin - and a Craft Room Visitor

More cards chosen by my friend Kevin, I've made him two each of these designs. I love snowmen on Christmas cards and the snowmen on these cards are guaranteed to raise a smile I think!

The cupcake snowman was coloured in using Coloursoft pencils and Zest-It natural solvent. A touch of sparkle has been added to the cupcake part with some ultrafine crystal glitter. A small Hero Arts sentiment was added. I trimmed the image and have popped him up on the pre-embossed card blank.



For the be merry line of snowmen card, I've used gorgeous 'Be Merry' papers from My Mind's Eye. The three largest snowmen were cut out from another piece of the paper, trimmed and popped up. I've added orange Stickles to all the noses. Then I added photo corners and the sentiment oval piece.



Just as I was about to glitter the snowmen's noses, I had a visitor to my craft room. This is our little cat Tingha and he wasn't going away until he'd had a belly rub! Our big cat Tucker visits me often in my craft room too - but he rarely jumps on my desk and he doesn't like belly rubs!




Supplies for cupcake snowman card:
Stamps: Hero Arts sentiment and Cupcake Snowman
CS: White CS, PaperMania snowflake embossed card blank
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest-It natural solvent
Embellishments & accessories: Crystal ultrafine glitter, 3d foam pads

Supplies for the be merry line of snowmen card:
Stamps: Sentiment from SU! Warm Words set
CS: SU! Regal Rose, Certainly Celery & Real Red, Craft Creations white DL size card blank
Patterned paper: Various patterned papers from My Mind's Eye 'Be Merry' collection
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die
Embellishments & accessories: Orange Peel Stickles, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Love your cards Ruth.. They turned out terrific.. I have to tell you that you should give your sweet visitor a stamp and I think he could help you out.. Thanks for sharing.

Sartassa said...

lovely as always, I especially love the cupcake snowman ;)

01 09 10