Thursday 19 November 2009

Jolly Christmas Snowman

A fun little card I made after a loss of mojo in my craft room yesterday. I was playing with a new stamp set and papers and whatever I did, I wasn't happy with it. So I gave up on those and decided just to make a simple, happy card with my new snowman stamp. I figured I couldn't go wrong with paper piecing and some glitter!

I used a hemp textured white A6 sized card and embossed it with the Crafts Too Snowflake embossing folder. Hmmm, this is a UK made folder and supposed to fit the front of A6 cards but there was actually a bit of a gap at the bottom of the card still - so I decided to add some torn CS as a snowy hill to the bottom.

I used Lasting Impressions dotty papers to paper piece the snowman's hat and coat and I added some fluff with Flower Soft. I used coloured pencils to add some blush to the cheeks. The sentiment and snowman are both popped up. I used the very last of my Crystal Ice Stickles to add the glitter to my snowy hill. To finish off, I added a strip of Kiwi dotty paper and added 3 silver Dew Drops.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Share the Joy cling stamp set, sentiment and speech bubble from Hero Arts Jolly Christmas clear stamp set
CS: Craft Creations Hemp Textured CS and A6 card blank
Patterned paper: Lasting Impressions dotty papers in Boardwalk Blue & Kiwi
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils
Embellishments & accessories: Polar White Flower Soft, Crystal Ice Stickles, Silver Dew Drops, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Sartassa said...

I really like the idea with the snowy hill here!
I am also totally into snowmen at the moment ;) they're so cute
hugs
Patricia

Dawn B. said...

I love love love the snowflake folder.. I get kind of tired of mine.. This is an awesome one.. Great job.

01 09 10