Tuesday 10 November 2009

Glittered Snowmen Acetate Window Card - for Kevin

My friend Kevin has asked me to make some Christmas cards for him, he browsed my Seasonal Cards album and chose which cards he wanted. I've made two of these acetate window cards for him. Awwww, the little snowmen look so cute and glittery don't they? Hmmmm, I love the design when it's finished but I do NOT love making these cards!

I stamped the cute Whipper Snapper snowmen stamp onto acetate in black StazOn ink and trimmed round the acetate. Then I flipped the acetate over and wiped my anti-static bag really well all over it. Then it was time to glitter those little guys. I used Art Institute glue with an ultrafine nozzle to adhere the glitter. First, their teeny tiny noses which I glittered in orange, then blue glitter for their hats, followed by crystal glitter for the bodies and the ground. Then a bit of a wait until they dried.

A piece of snowflake patterned paper is glued to the inside back of the card. I used a Nestability die to cut a window out of the card front and the snowy stripes patterned paper. Then I carefully sandwiched the acetate between the patterned paper and the card front, making sure the paper and card windows aligned perfectly.

The scalloped border was made with a QuicKutz die and I added punched snowflakes. Next came the photo corners with more snowflakes and then I added Swarovski crystals to all the snowflake centres.

Phew, two glittered acetate window cards made, I certainly won't make any more for a LOOOOONG time - if ever! Two Santa spinner cards next, I much prefer making those!




Supplies:
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Let It Snow Snowmen
CS: SU! Bashful Blue (for card base), SU! Not Quite Navy
Patterned paper: Frances Meyer Snowy Stripes and Let it Snow papers
Ink: Black StazOn
Tools: Rectangle Nestability die, QuicKutz 12" Scallops Cookie Cutter die, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die, X Cut small snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: Acetate, Art Institute glue, ultrafine nozzle & ultrafine glitters, clear Swarovski crystals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Sartassa said...

aww the snowmen are so cute!

Zoe said...

Wow, really love this card! The snowmen look great!

01 09 10