Monday 30 November 2009

Easel Calendar Holder - Dec 2009 Card Group Project

This is another project we'll be making at my December card group meeting. All the ladies loved making the easel cards last month so I decided to make easel calendar holders this month.

These easels measure 4" square. The Old Olive CS was cut to 8" x 4" and scored at 2" and 4" to make the easel card and the front panel is 4" square. I found the lovely Magenta double sided patterned paper called Robin's Nest at the Glitter Pot, it's so sweet and I love that it goes so well with the SU! Old Olive and Really Rust colours. I adhered the calendar pad to the Rust panel with red liner tape so it was stuck down really well.

I computer generated the 2010 using the Arial font and the RGB codes for SU! Old Olive. I punched it out with a 1 1/4" circle punch and mounted it onto a 1 1/2" Rust circle. This is popped up to act as the stop. To finish, I added Rust photo corners. A simple, yet sweet little gift idea.



Supplies:
Stamps: None
CS: SU! Old Olive & Really Rust
Patterned paper: Magenta double sided Robin's Nest paper
Ink: None
Tools: Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners # 2 die, 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Anita's Calendar Tabs, SU! Sticky Strip red liner tape, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

A Consuming Passion said...

I love your easel calander holder!! such a great way to use what is a very popular card base!! I think this would mae a great addition to my craft groups Christmas stockings! TFS

01 09 10