Friday 13 November 2009

Be Merry Snowman Rectangular Easel Card

Finally, I got around to making a rectangular easel card that fits in a standard C6 size envelope! This card was made using SU! Old Olive CS cut to 11 1/2" x 4 1/4" and scored at 2 7/8" and 5 3/4". The front Ruby Red piece measures 5 3/4" x 4 1/4".

I covered the bottom piece with patterned paper. It's not easy to see in the photo, but the chocolate CS layer was embossed with a snowflakes embossing folder. I used the method Liz told me about for my knotted ribbon - I tied a loose knot, cut a separate small piece of ribbon, inserted this into the knot and then pulled tight, trimmed the tails and taped the ribbon ends around the back. I stamped the snowman on watercolour paper and used SU! Watercolour Wonder Crayons to colour him in. I've lightly sponged some Creamy Caramel ink around the image. Stickles have been added to the holly, star, nose, snowman body and ground.

The stop on this easel card was made using a popped up scalloped circle with a stamped snowflake plain circle on top. To finish, I added a button with a thin piece of CS threaded through the holes to the snowman and two photo corners to the bottom of the card. This card is for our friends Gill, Brett, Naomi and Max.



Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Brush Snowman, sentiment from Hero Arts Jolly Christmas clear set, snowflake from My Cute Stamps Let it Snow! clear set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Ruby Red & Chocolate Chip, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Ski Slope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia, SU! Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip & Creamy Caramel
Tools: Crafts Too Snowflakes embossing folder, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, SU! 1 3/8" circle punch, SU! Watercolour Wonder Crayons
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, brown button, various Stickles glitter glues, 3d foam tape, sponge


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10